~RaiNy DaY DrEaM AwAy~

Thursday, November 09, 2006

A book that creeps me out

In english class were reading this book called Slaughter House Five by Kurt Vonegut. It is the wierdest most awful book i've probably ever read. Most days I have no idea whats going on and I try to pay attention with the book. But when I finally figure out whats going on, it totally goes into another direction and I find myself lost again. Right now I sort of know whats happening but I know that'll change as soon as we read it again.
So the other day I was trying to figure out why everyone else and me don't like this book. And I think it has to do with the different kinds of literature out there, like the genres (i think thats what i wanna say). Like I like to read suspenseful kind of stuff. I'm sure someone who likes to read science fiction novels would enjoy the book. I'm just not one of those people that likes those type of books. I think that most of my classmates aren't one of those people either but maybe i'm wrong. Also I think it's Vonegut's style of writing. He jumps from one thing to the next and it messes people up alot if they're not used to that kind of writing. He also seems a little perverted or something and he's pretty graphic at times. He has pictures of boobs in his book and talks about a picture with a woman having sex with a pony. Thats kind of perverted and creepy to me. Well thats all I have to say about that book for now. I know once we finally finish the book that i'll have more to say. For the rest of the time were reading the book i'm going to try to understand it more. But at least when we finsh the book I can say that i've read a science fiction book. And if it wasn't for Mr. Goss I know I would have never picked up a science fiction book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home